THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Okay so no diarrhea, but you get the point. I truly feel bad for any judgments I placed on people prior to this. People that told me they were tired and had food issues in the early stages. I learn now that each pregnancy is very very different.

My sleeping pattern was never really good in the first place. Adding this all into the mix just doesn't help. It hurts my tummy to sleep on either side, so my back it is. Then after a few hours my back hurts, not to mention the bathroom breaks! So I sleep a couple of hours then take a bath or go to the couch and read. I guess it is my bodies way of making me get used to crappy sleep with out drugs!

Now the food, I am hungry ever 20 minutes. Yet the smell of certain foods makes me want to keel over. However, I know if I just eat it and live through it I feel better by the end of the meal. But sometimes it is just too stinky! LOL I know now that there are a few things I will never be able to eat again.

I know that something amazing and miraculous is happening to my body. But do you think it could happen with less issues? Oh and not to mention, Jon and I decided to look at pictures of how big the baby gets each week. And the 40 week mark they had a picture of a small pumpkin! A SMALL PUMPKIN!!! I have to pass that through my vagina???? I realize that I am not the first woman to do this, nor will I be the last. But this is *my* first time, so I freaked out a little. I have seen many many newborns in my life, it just never registered fully. And now it is hitting me...WOW.

Anyway, I will stop now and let you all get back to your normal, not grossed out lives.

8 loving comments, who likes comments?:

Andrews Family said...

Hey! I had no idea you had a blog either! Awesome! Oh the joys of pregnancy....just you wait....it gets better. :) Don't think too much about the pumpkin either...you'll do fine! I haven't experienced that, all of mine have been c-section. I was reading your earlier posts and I truly hope that things get better for you guys! I know how tough layoffs can be...hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Wow girl! I am sorry! I know how that feels!!!! SERIOUSLY!
What they say is true though, the second trimester is easier.
Oh, and hey, I was right there with you with my first! SCARED to death of labor and delivery!
I know it probably won't really help anything for you to hear this, but delivery was the best part of all of it! If I could go straight from conception to delivery with out the 9 months of agony in between I would have a lot more kids! I honestly, honestly thought delivery was so amazing and SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO much more bearable than pregnancy! I even had a 26 hour labor & delivery with #1 19 hours with #2 and only 7 hours with #3, but I LOVED it!

Unknown said...

This is great! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D LOL

Unknown said...

You are soo funny. It is freaky when you realize exactly what is going to come out at the end of that. Its like "umm can i rethink this for a minute." Well its too late for thinking but I know you will get through this just as every woman eventually comes to the realization that it only comes out one of 2 ways. lol

Keep us posted your hilarious.

Beckstrom7 said...

Hang in there the first trimester is the worst. If you want some good websites let me know. Since its been 8 years for me I am finding all I can to make it easier lol. One of my favorite sites so far is http://3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.com/ you can have a weekly e-mail sent to you telling you what is going on for that week. You can also look forward or backward and see what you have been through or what is coming. and the really cool thing is they do a 3d baby thing.

Fosburg Four said...

Wow! You sound like you are pregnant or something!!! I remember having those same problems! I feel your pain lady!

Megan said...

Considering the fact that you were SO caught off guard by this whole thing I think you are dealing w/it amazingly well!!!!!!!!!!!! A lot of us sign up for this...over and over. How insane is that?? I agree that delivery IS the best part just one word -EPIDURAL- they have them for a reason! Just keep your sense of humor.

Torrie said...

Hi, Nicole. I don't know if you remember me. I am one of Traci's friends and we met a few times. I just wanted to tell you congratulations on your pregnancy. I know you are going through some rough times right now but I hope this is a silver lining for you, even though you are having all the pregnancy woes. It will get better. And like the others have said--EPIDURAL. It will make your life so wonderful.
Good Luck with everything.
Torrie