Day 3: Your first love.
Ugh...I honestly don't really know when I started to realize I could understand the meaning or the feeling of love. I mean of course when you are in 6th grade and you have a boyfriend, that is all you can think about. You honestly believe that you are old enough to feel love for someone in that regard. With that in mind, I would say that my 6th grade boyfriend was my first love, LeShawn. Looking back I have these grandiose memories of him being ever so "hot". I am pretty sure we "dated" for around 4 months, and believe me back then I thought we were going to make it. Then one night my friend, Felicity, and I were at my house having a sleep-over. I received a phone call from LeShawn's brother, Rodney. Rodney said that LeShawn wanted to break up with me but didn't want to talk to me about it. I was devastated. With my heart broken I handed the phone over to Felicity to finish the conversation. After a few minutes she looked at me with a strange face and said, "Rodney wants to go out with you." I was all flustered, what was I to do?
I was sitting confused, and Felicity decided to take things into her own hands. She told Rodney I would "go out" with him. When she hung up I inquired as to why she would tell him such things, her reply was simple, "You were going to say yes, you know that." That was done, I sat there bewildered about how my true love could have broken my heart so.
Not 15 minutes later the phone rang again, it was LeShawn. He was calling to ask why I told him brother to break up with him and that I wanted to date him instead. I cried, I was so upset. I thought my life was over. Rodney and I "dated" until I moved to the Valley of Spokane. (Around 3 months) Only to never see any of them again. However when I am in town and find myself driving on the freeway past their neighborhood, I always catch myself looking around to see if I spot one of them.
As for my first real true love....it is a long, upsetting, heartbreaking story. But today I find myself in a real relationship. I am married to my best friend, a person who knows me inside and out. Who is honestly perfect for me in every way.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Day 3: Your first love.
Posted by Nicole Stenzel at 7:10 PM
Day 2: Meaning behind your blog name
Okay so it really isn't madness at all, just decided to have a retarded opening to this post.
As far as the blog title, there are two different ones. As far as my "Campbell Clan" well I am pretty sure this title has no explanation needed. I mean our last name is Campbell, and we are a clan. (pretty riveting stuff eh?) Just more proof that I am not that thrilling of a person.
As far as my blog title.... "http://emotionalcaseofglassimin.blogspot.com/" Originally I had gotten a title called "iminaglasscaseofemotion". However I am an idiot and set it up all wrong. So I had to go back and make some slight adjustments to this title. This stems from a quote in my husband and my favorite movie. "Anchorman". If you have not seen this movie, well I highly suggest seeing it. If you are of course in a silly state of mind. Otherwise you might find this movie offensive and probably terrible all around. (I never said I had great taste in movies either) Here is a small bit of the movie that has come to produce my wonderful blog title..
Posted by Nicole Stenzel at 12:29 PM
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
"Day 1: Introduce, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts."
1. Honestly, starting here is scaring me a little. (I don't find myself interesting enough to have 15 unknown facts be written about me.)
2. I don't like chocolate. I realize most girls, well people, would call me strange. I just don't like the texture, taste and the aftertaste of it.
3. I am addicted to criminal TV shows. I find myself staying up late at night watching shows on Netflix relating to anything criminal or law based.
4. My views on religion and God greatly differ from the way my parents raised me.
5. My daughter was born with Cerebral Palsy and I totally blame myself for it.
6. I am scared of my future.
7. Sometimes when I am alone I talk to myself in foreign accents.
8. I love to sing, and wish I could be a singer. (But too nervous)
9. I have an immensely low self-esteem.
10. I would love to be a personal trainer someday.
11. I am training to run the Utah Valley Marathon in June 2012.
12. I didn't do that great in school, but have no doubts that I am smart. I never went to college, but recently realized that a degree doesn't actually mean you an intellectual person.
13. I don't like asking for help.
14. I think I have depression.
15. I love reading, but also seem to stop reading every book about two chapters before I am finished with it. Then I have to go back and start all over again, just to not finish it that time as well.
Posted by Nicole Stenzel at 9:57 PM